Why social media matters for Australian businesses
It is pretty plain to see that more people are online now than ever before and also most shoppers are referring to online information before buying. If you are not already harnessing social media to reach and connect with your market then you are more than likely miss out on opportunities to grow your business. Here are the most recent stats from the Yellow Pages Social media management gold coast Report for Australian social media usage (May 2014):
- If Facebook were a country, it would now be the second largest in the world! Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter come in 7th, 9th and 10th
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30 years of age
- 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions are influenced by social media
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- Australians are the most prolific users of social media in the world (Source: The Nielsen Company 2010).
- 36% of Australian small businesses have a social media expert presence
- 33% of social media users follow brands or businesses
How are you using social media and what is working well for you?